1954
Dedication of Europe House Otzenhausen

1959
Foundation of the sponsoring organization Europe House Otzenhausen – Institute for political education and French-German cooperation; Arno Krause, managing director of the Board, is entrusted with the management of the institution

1962
Co-foundation of the International Federation of Europe Houses (FIME), constitutive meeting of the Board of Trustees of Europe House Otzenhausen; Eugen Huthmacher, then Minister for Economic Affairs of Saarland, is elected Chairman of the Board of Trustees; publication of the first part of the publication series "Dokumente und Schriften des Europa-Hauses Otzenhausen" and of the first catalogue of programmes

1963
Dedication of Building C: 23 guest rooms, five new seminar rooms and one office for seminar leaders

1968
Change of the name to European Academy of Otzenhausen, foundation of the Institute for Public Speaking and Methodology in Political Education (IRM)

1971
Foundation of the Institute for Cooperation in Regional Policies in Intra-Community Border Areas (IRI)

1972
Take-over of the general secretariat of the International Federation of Europe Houses (FIME)

1975
Dedication of Building A: state-of-the-art kitchen, main restaurant, Eurobistro with beer garden

1982
Foundation of “IREG – Institute for the Promotion of Regions Capable of Development in the European Community” in cooperation with the communities of Tholey and Nonnweiler

1991
Foundation of the Social Sciences Research Institute (SFI)

1993
Dedication of the Europaeum: 12-sided, ultramodern construction with a large meeting and conference room (Forum, up to 250 people), 43 guest rooms, restaurant SaarLorLux, Internet-Point, Info-Point and reception desk

1994
Creation of the Arboretum Europaeum

1999

Foundation of the European Information Centre (EIZ) in cooperation with the foundation Stiftung Europrofession

2004
50th anniversary of the European Academy of Otzenhausen

2006
Change of legal form into a non-profit private limited company

2007
Dedication of the Celtic sculpture trail Cerda & Celtoi;
Co-founder of the educational initiative “Encouraging sustainability”, run in cooperation with the foundations Forum für Verantwortung and ASKO EUROPA-STIFTUNG. The topic of sustainability becomes a central element of the Academy's educational portfolio content.

2013

Receipt of the certificate of the Saarland environmental pact and therefore successful EMAS certification

2014
60th anniversary of the European Academy of Otzenhausen

2015

Construction of Building D;
Refurbishment of Building B;
Extension of the reception;
Start of construction of Building E

2017
Honorary citizenship of the municipality of Nonnweiler
awarded to the founding director Dr. h. c. Arno Krause
Inauguration and commissioning of House E

Europäische Akademie Otzenhausen gGmbH

Europahausstraße 35
66620 Nonnweiler

Tel.: 0049 6873 662-0
Fax: 0049 6873 662-150

info(at)eao-otzenhausen.de